1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. This is the old forum of Hasselbladinfo.com. This is only an archive and you only can read the postings and look at images.

We merged this forum with our Camera-info.com Community site in 2014. All postings, usernames and passwords have been imported to that forum.

At Camera-info.com, you can continue to talk about Hasselblad products and show your images made with your Hasselblad equipment. Feel free to visit us there. Click -> Camera-info.com.

The Advantage of Using Phocus?

Discussion in 'After the shot (Digital Darkroom)' started by joburger, Apr 11, 2013.

1. joburger

joburger New Member

Please excuse my igorance, I'm new to digital and to M.F. digital.
    Is there any real advantage of using Phocus? I have got used to using Adobe bridge and CS5. I'm hopeless at Lightroom and since picking up my HD4 recently, I can't see myself getting much better on Phocus which to me seems just as confounding as Lightroom.

My preference is to bring all images shot on my Hassy into bridge and then just load them up one at a time for futher editing in Photoshop. I'd be very interested and very grateful for anyone's opnion on this choice and once again, apologies if this sounds dumb. Cheers Chris

2. pedro39photo

pedro39photo New Member

Hello Chris,

I have a H3DII 39Mp for 1 year, i have done several tests with Phocus LR4 and Raw Therapee and the Hasselblad software allways give-me the best results.
    Give a try to Raw Therapee, its a free program, with difficult controls but huge number of fine image tune-ups...that sometimes give a suprise with the results.

Pedro

3. joburger

joburger New Member

Thanks Pedro, I am still using CS5.6 and Adobe camera raw but I intend to teach myself how to use Phocus. It's the importing of files that I find difficult. I will certainly look at the raw converter the mention. I must be honest, I'd never heard of it before. Cheers Chris

4. Swissblad

Hasselblad-Club

HB works very closely with Adobe - so ACR should be fine for your needs.
    I use Phocus for tethering - where it is great.
    However, I'm not impressed with the new interface...... :(