1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. This is the old forum of Hasselbladinfo.com. This is only an archive and you only can read the postings and look at images.

We merged this forum with our Camera-info.com Community site in 2014. All postings, usernames and passwords have been imported to that forum.

At Camera-info.com, you can continue to talk about Hasselblad products and show your images made with your Hasselblad equipment. Feel free to visit us there. Click -> Camera-info.com.

Hasselblad metering prism

Discussion in 'Phototechnical questions' started by Mark Green, Jul 13, 2013.

1. Mark Green

Mark Green New Member

Hi everyone, I need some infos.

I've got a Hasselblad 503 CX equipped with the Planar 80 2.8. At the moment, I'm planning a reportage with this camera. The point is... focusing through the viewfinder is driving me insane.

How can I avoid this ? I mean... Do you thing I need a metering prism ?

If so, which one ?

Thanks in advance.

2. Fliger747

Fliger747 Member

Question is how much do you want to spend and is metering important? The ultimate is probably the spendy PME45, but for film cameras the PM90 or PME 90 is a very nice unit. The PM5 is fairly light weight and maybe in the $350 range.

Good luck. T

3. Thingy

Hasselbladinfo-Supporter

The PME45 can be picked up for a reasonable price if you are VERY lucky, through London's Aperture. Their list of current Hassy stuff is available through the link below.

http://www.apertureuk.com/hasselblad.html